Insatiable data demand, caused by the relentless growth of mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) devices, is driving mobile networks to evolve from a typical macro cell site based coverage topology to a denser capacity-based heterogeneous network. Recent advancements in radio technology (improved power amplifier efficiency, better design and longer MTBF), have enabled service providers to install remote radio units (RRU or RRH) close to the antenna near the top of the tower. This technology improvement has enabled service providers to improve capacity, coverage, and signal integrity, while at the same time reduce electrical, leasing, and cable costs.
Viavi helps ensure top performance in virtually every major network—from the NOC to field technicians—and over 100,000 data centers worldwide, from deployment and installation to monitoring and optimization.
Fiber Connector Inspection and Cleaning
Dirty connectors are the number one cause of poor performance in optical networks. Microscopic particles of dirt can create enough signal loss and back reflection, causing significant downtime and network damage. The increasing bandwidth requirements in today’s mobile networks leave little room for the errors caused by dirt.
The lightweight and compact SmartOTDR speeds and optimizes field testing of metro and access networks—with a tailored OTDR interface and automatic analysis that any technician can understand.
The SmartOTDR essential handheld fiber tester is an affordable, easy-to-use device for techs at any level, with robust wireless connectivity options that increase productivity anywhere. It integrates all the essential fiber test requirements into a single device with OTDR measurement, fiber end face analysis, optical loss testing and visual fault locator.
- Ensures fast and easy measurements
One touch operation, automatic analysis, and tailored OTDR user interface for different skill level
- Manage data from anywhere in the network
Several connectivity options (3G/4G smartphones via USB and optional Bluetooth/WiFi) enable remote control as well as data and work-order transfers to-and-from tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Reduces cost of ownership
Three year warranty as standard coverage
- Optimizes field operations
Light, ultra compact, hands-free design and an extended autonomy up to 20 hours
- Characterize point-to-point access & metro fiber networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot FTTH/PON networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot singlemode FTTA/DAS front haul
- Single-/dual-/tri-wavelength versions with 1310, 1550, and in-service 1625 nm wavelengths
- PON optimized to test through a 1x128 splitter
- Automated fiber inspection pass/fail analysis software
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and VFL options
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
The industry’s smallest handheld, dual-port 100G test instrument can test throughout the life cycle of a network service, including fiber testing, service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Equipped with latest technology interfaces including SFP/SFP+/SFP28 and QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP4, the 5800-100G provides the investment protection needed to manage network growth while keeping customer satisfaction high. With advanced test features such as Optics self-test, Ethernet line rate capture/decode, and OTN Check, technicians can now test their networks faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Simplifies multi-technology testing with an all-in-one dual-100 G handheld unit
- Optimized for field use with a multitouch screen, scripted workflows, and clear pass/fail results
- Supports efficient best practices with repeatable methods and procedures
- Speeds up fiber optics testing, Ethernet service activation, and troubleshooting tests
The VIAVI OneAdvisor-800 is designed to meet the evolving needs of service providers, field technicians and contractors as they scale 5G infrastructure. OneAdvisor-800 allows cell site technicians to test fiber, RF, and CPRI/Ethernet from a single instrument, replacing multiple independent tools (OTDR, CAA, Fiber Scope) and significantly reducing the total cost of ownership.
The instrument’s workflow user interface carefully guides technicians through a pre-configured common test process, making sure that technicians complete the job in the same way and to the same specifications. With OneAdvisor-800, tower hands get built-in guidance, automatic test configuration, pass/fail results, and a single closeout report every time, at every site.
OneAdvisor helps you get in, get out, get paid.
- Improved tool efficiency. Replaces multiple independent tools (i.e. OTDR, CAA, Fiber scope, 100G, 400G etc).
- Broad coverage. Covers all radios types (LTE and 5G) and topologies (Macro-cell, Small-cell, C-RAN, and/or DAS)
- Scalable. As a team’s test responsibility grows, so can the OneAdvisor platform with modular test components
The OneAdvisor 800 provides modularity with the following attributes:
- Modular base unit with large 8-inch, multi-touch display
- Integrated WiFi, and Bluetooth to wirelessly transfer results. For secure environments, units are available without any WiFi/BT
- Expandable with full-sized test modules such and expansion modules on the back of the unit.
- Scalable battery support which includes a battery in the base
- SmartAccess Anywhere provides easy device access from an Android device, IOS or PC
- Cloud-based StrataSync™ for results collection, data management, and device tracking
- Support of VIAVI Fiber inspection tools and USB power meters
- Ready for 400G module testing and provides broad support of multiple interface types with a built-in GNSS receiver for future The test interfaces include a QSFP-DD, an OSFP, and two SFP-DD physical ports
The OneAdvisor-1000 delivers all the test capabilities technicians and engineers need to install and maintain high-capacity networks. Supporting emerging and legacy technologies, the OneAdvisor-1000 is ideal for metro/core, data center interconnect, and business services testing.
At this stage in the technology’s lifecycle, 400Gbps services in the field are rare and finding portable equipment to test those circuits is a challenge. The VIAVI OneAdvisor-1000 tester is more than up to the task, providing full-rate and protocol coverage to address service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance for 400G circuits. With advanced tests like Optics Self-Test for QSFPx and SFPx pluggables, high-speed cable testing for data centers, RFC 2544/Y.1564, and OTN Check, technicians and engineers can test high-capacity networks faster and more accurately than ever before.
- PAM-4 native support provided via connectors and interfaces also to test 400GE
- QSFP-DD and SFP-DD interfaces
- Compatible with fiber optics test modules such as OTDR and WDM Channel Checkers
- Tests new technology including PAM-4 and KP4 FEC at 400GE
- Scalable and Modular
- Our Products:
- SmartOTDR MTS-5800-100G OneAdvisor-800 OneAdvisor-1000